Subnetting MCQ Questions and AnswersHome | Computer Network | Subnetting
In this section we provide lots of objective question of Subnetting in Computer Network.
1) What is the maximum number of IP addresses that can be assigned to hosts on a local subnet that uses the 255.255.255.224 subnet mask?
2) You need to subnet a network that has 5 subnets, each with at least 16 hosts. Which classful subnet mask would you use?
3) You have a network that needs 29 subnets while maximizing the number of host addresses available on each subnet. How many bits must you borrow from the host field to provide the correct subnet mask?
4) If an Ethernet port on a router were assigned an IP address of 172.16.112.1/25, what would be the valid subnet address of this host?
5) You have an interface on a router with the IP address of 192.168.192.10/29. Including the router interface, how many hosts can have IP addresses on the LAN attached to the router interface?
6) What is the subnetwork number of a host with an IP address of 172.16.66.0/21?
7) The network address of 172.16.0.0/19 provides how many subnets and hosts?
8) You need to configure a server that is on the subnet 192.168.19.24/29. The router has the first available host address. Which of the following should you assign to the server?
9) You have an interface on a router with the IP address of 192.168.192.10/29. What is the broadcast address the hosts will use on this LAN?
10) You have a network with a subnet of 172.16.17.0/22. Which is the valid host address?